The skin exam can be scary, especially if you are meeting your doctor for the first time and have never had a skin exam before. Relax, leave the medicine to the experts, but here are a few things that will help make your skin exam go smoother. At the skin exam, the goal is to exam 100% of your skin for skin cancer or unusual moles. This can best be accomplished by following this advice:
1. Gowns opens in the back, please remove all or most of your clothing.
2. Please dress to your comfort level, but the more I can see the better I can help care for your skin. Please remove shoes and socks too.
3. Turn your cell phones off, or leave them at home.
4. I will respect your time here so please respect my time as well. If we cannot address all of your skin needs at your skin exam appointment, we will make a follow-up appointment to adress any remaining issues.
5. No Make-up! Please do not wear make-up to your exam, or arrive early and ask for some towels to remove your make-up.
6. Make sure you are seeing a board-certified Dermatologist – training matters!
We take skin exams seriously and want to make sure that your skin is healthy so that you can continue to enjoy a healthy, fun life in Colorado.
Dr. Brooke Walls and the team at Aspen Center for Dermatology